June 07, 2010

It's amazing how quickly God answers your prayers. Though this time I mean mine. I guess since the last post I've been thinking about why I don't share the gospel and who I could do it with anyway. And also wrestling inside because it's not that my faith in God is very strong or my relationship with God is really consistent. But last night I did it for the first time - maybe even the first time ever. It was really unexpected. But I've been praying about Jer 20:9* - that it would be true for me.

There is no formula or "right" way to tell someone about Jesus. That's what I've heard. We are all made as we are to demonstrate God's love as we experience it being who we are. But I never thought someone floundering in her faith could. But I suppose it's not like I'm not experience God working in me. It's not like I haven't been learning anything from Him....

I guess I always sub-consciously thought that people who could share had a solid relationship with God. But now I think maybe it's because if that were the case, the glory wouldn't be His. Because now I know that if my words made any impact at all, it was because of Him working in her and me.

Different but related thought: Since I've been studying the Bible more regularly and listening to sermons, I feel like I'm alive again and breathing. My soul feels alive because it's been fed and hopefully will continue to be fed. And that's why I've felt a conviction about not sharing my faith because I think it should be more important than anything else in my life - both sharing and my faith. Another 2 verses that challenge me are Deut 6:4-7+ and Psalm 73:25§. I want to be filled to overflowing so that it is all I want to talk about.

*Jer 20:9 - "But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot."

+Deut 6:4-7 - "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

§Psalm 73:25 - "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you."

1 comment:

s* said...

Isn't YAHWEH an incredible God...He is so amazing, and I think it's encouraging to know that it's His glory, His wisdom, purpose, love, etc working in and through us - a lot of the time we're pretty clueless, and yet God still manages to use our lives as we abide in Him...even when we think we're floundering God has a way of glorifying His Name ....I love that His Word has such power, "like a fire shut up in my bones"...so amazing....YAHWEH bless.xx