January 22, 2006

Em...

Hello! At the request of Christina, here is the Potato of Doom. And now you can finally see the picture from my last post!

(I did say I would be away for another wee while, but maybe I wasn't clear. Sorry...)

So, I just came back from Paris yesterday. I was supposed to be back on Friday night, since the flight was leaving at 10.25pm from Paris. However, at 11.15pm, we still hadn't boarded the plane and Beauvais airport is so terrible at providing information. Ah well. We didn't find out till 11.30/11.40pm - can't remember which - that it was cancelled. I'm not sure why they left it so long, but they did. So, we were then told that we had to find our own way back to Paris and find our own hotels, which Ryanair may or may not refund. Uh-huh... Lovely! But in the end, the airport organised a free bus to take us to the nearest hotel and for it to pick us up again and Ryanair decided to refund us the price after all. So, God is good. :-)

As a result, I got a lovely room to myself and got to have to have breakfast while watching the sunrise. Well, it had already risen, since it was 8.30am, but it hadn't gotten very far up into the sky and it was pretty. Also met some nice folk who were also travelling on their own and we formed a little posse. :-) Well, it only lasted the duration of the journey, but still, it was good to have people to talk to. :-)

Yup, so I'm glad to be back at home, though I have a whole load of work to catch up with for my course... Ah well.

Good news and pics from Paris are to follow, along with an interesting information about Vaseline... However, don't be too surprised if I disappear till next weekend. I have my first teaching assessment this week, so...

No comments: