December 24, 2009

Ok, every time I write, I say, "Can't believe how long since I last wrote!"

But really, it has been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. Mostly it's because I've hardly had any time to think and also because it's so hard to motivate myself to write anything when I do have time. There's been a lot to process and take in this year. Well, not more than any other year I suppose, but most of the time, I've not had a life and a busy timetable that takes me all over Munich.

So, how's it all going in Munich? I can say that for the most part, I love it. Munich is a beautiful city and though most people who are from Munich are snobby, the Bavarians are lovely, funny, friendly people - not unlike the Scots! I love Lederhosen and Dirndls and I even got a Dirndl for this year's Oktoberfest.

My job had a low point in August when I got some really bad feedback and nearly lost my job. It was a very scary experience, but my boss and manager had a lot of faith in me and actually found the feedback strange. And so they devised a training programme for me and fortunately, I have come through a much stronger teacher than before. I definitely find it rewarding and at the moment, I'm just enjoying some rest since I think I deserve it! In any case, I think teaching is definitely the job for me and in a few years, I hope to be teaching at a University, though I'm not sure if it'll be in Germany... We'll see where my future takes me. :)

I still think I'd like to go Japan some time, though I don't think I'll ever live and work there - at least not for a whole year. Maybe after I am qualified to teach at a University... Who knows what's in store?

Anyway, I expect I'll be writing again soon since this time of year always makes me philosophical. :)

No comments: