December 27, 2009

Christmas was lovely and chilled out this year. It was lovely! It was just my brother, his girlfriend and me. We slept in and then my brother and Alana made a nice fry up. Then we burned it all off playing the Wii when the dinner was cooking. :)
Alana is an amazing cook and she puts me to shame as a woman. She really takes care of the flat and my brother and it's so nice to see how besotted they are with each other. And not in the soppy, make you want to puke way. Just real life together. They've argued a couple of times, but it's cos they are so similar to each other. It's nice to see. :)
I also like that I feel so at home and welcome here. It's really nice to get on well with my brother and start to have a normal relationship with him and spend so much time with him - especially after all those years when it was so difficult. Nice to know that despite the fact my mum has moved, I still have a home in Glasgow and I don't have to go anywhere to 'escape'.

No comments: