January 04, 2010

Man, why do holidays pass so quickly? Even if you're doing nothing!! I only have 3 days left here. Tomorrow I have to sort through the things that my mother left when she went back to Malaysia. The prospect is a little daunting. I'm sure I can get rid of some stuff and I can take some stuff back to Munich with me, but inevitably, because of luggage allowance, I'm going to have to leave some of it here. I feel bad about that because it's already an inconvenience to my brother and his girlfriend... But what can I do. I can only take what I can take... EEK!!

Anyway, I'm starting to get a bit worried about the coming year. Financially, I'll be fine till July, but what am I going to do after?!!? I'm really hoping to be offered a permanent contract, but I know that that'll be a big battle with the CEO, who's got a reputation for being tight with money. I know that if it were up to my DOS and manager, I would have one no problem. That's a horrible thing to know because the chances of me getting a contract are slim. And so I have the option of being a freelancer. Which is ok. I have a couple of friends who have done that and it's working out for them, but it's not a fixed income every month. And I'll have to pay back €3,000 worth of tax. That's the drawback of getting to live in a country tax free for 2 years... Poo! But there's nothing I can do about it for now. I just have to wait and see how it'll all work out. Shame, because I don't want to have to leave Munich. And the worse thing is, I have nowhere to go if it doesn't work out as my mum doesn't live here anymore. :(

Well, worrying certainly isn't going to bring any good. I just have to hope for the best. For those of you who still pray for me, I'll really appreciate it if you pray for this. Thanks!

3 comments:

Joel A. Shaver said...

Yeah, the luggage thing seems to be getting more and more of a problem, eh? And no one wants to buy my huge wooden rocking chair, which definitely won't fit on the plane... I'll pray for your job situation. Keep us posted!

gemini said...

God is still in control. We hope for the best of our elected leaders.

Emily said...

Lovely Blog.