March 13, 2010

Kindergarten?

Work is going to be particularly tough in the next few weeks. I guess I had it coming. My timetable has been pretty easy for the last couple of months. But hey, it makes not being a contract teacher very attractive.


I had an interview on Wed 3 March for a post as a Kindergarten teacher. They seemed to like me, but I suggested they observed me with the kids and make their decision then. All being well, the observation will take place on Fri 9 April. If it's successful, it will almost definitely lead to a part-time position. It might lead to a full-time position...


If I get the part-time post, I can freelance and make some extra money by continuing in what I'm doing with the Business English. This is what I'd prefer, in a way. I'd like to keep my finger in both pies if possible. :) Of course, the full time post will offer more security, but part-time is security enough. At least all my social security stuff will be taken care of.


Anyway, pray for that, if you could. Part-time or full-time is up to God, not me or the kindergarten. It feels like the right decision to work there in one of those 2 positions. We'll see. I think the observation will go well. I like little kids and usually they like me... :D Friday 9 April - all being well. And then I'll know.

No comments: