July 14, 2010

Ok, I need some wisdom about a decision I need to make. You know the kindergarten job? It's been nearly 6 (or 7?) weeks since I gave them my documents to be approved by the government. The last time I heard from anyone was about 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I emailed the kindergarten to see if they could give any idea on how long it'll take to hear anything. No reply. I called them today, though I think I may have called the wrong number... I mean, I think it was the registration number and not the kindergarten direct. Ah well...

Anyway, what I need wisdom about is whether I should just email the kindergarten and tell them that I am no longer interested in working for them. I don't know how much longer it would be prudent to wait. If I don't get a contract, I will need to organise health insurance and my pension payments so that I can legally continue to work in Germany. My current contract ends in 2 and a half weeks. Then I will start work as a freelancer on 2 August and I will need to have sorted stuff out by then...

My idea is to email the kindergarten on Friday if I haven't heard back from them. Then I will need to email my tax adviser, write a letter to my current health insurance, research private health insurance and apply to other freelance schools in Munich. The business school job fell through because they had problems with people walking out on the students since they are that bad. If that is the case, I'm glad they are looking for a solution internally.

Please pray for me. I don't know what I should do.

No comments: