April 28, 2010

Update on Kindergarten job

I bet you're shocked cos it's not been too long since my last post!! But I just wanted to let you know that I think your prayers are working... I asked you to pray that if it's God's will for me to work at the Kindergarten, doors would open, right? (Maybe I should read my last post before I type a new one...) Well, I've been offered the job at the Kindergarten, but only on the condition that the German government approves my qualifications and experience. I think - and this is only my opinion - with my experience, I should be ok. But, I don't know... It is only for the position of a Kindergarten assistant, so I don't know why the German government would be so fussy. Still... You never know. As much as I have learned to love the Germans, they are Germans.

Anyway, the Kindergarten have been very open about wanting to hire me and have openly shown their support. I already have a few character references. I just need to get a reference from the Baptist Union about the youth work I did for them 10 years ago (eek!) and that end will be covered. Also, I've sent away for copies of my transcripts and once they arrive, I'll have to get them notarised. Then all that stuff will go to the government and we'll see...

If/when I do get the job, I'll start the week after my current contract ends. And they've already told me that they are offering me training and they'll pay for it. Though I think I should clarify whether that means my pay will be deducted or not... Still, why not, right? It means I won't have to go through this hassle again in the future. :)

Thank you so much for your prayers. If I'm honest, I didn't expect an 'answer' so quickly. After all the hassle of the start of the year, I hope this is the start of things getting better.

(N.B: If you're wondering why your posts don't appear immediately, it's because I've changed my settings. I was getting spammed so much I now have to moderate all comments. So you don't have to type more than once. :) )

2 comments:

s* said...

exciting to see the plan unfolding...it's nice to get the reminders that God hears and cares and is working things out. keep us posted :)

rennschnecke (Starranger) said...

don´t try to understand Germany or the Germans that is useless !!
;-)
hmm I´m German and can not understand this country ! ;-)