May 07, 2010

Update on Vodafone and other thoughts...

I just wanted to let you know that I finally got my Vodafone bill and it has been reduced, so it's now €250. They did tell me that I could pay in installments, but that was over 6 weeks ago and frankly I don't believe them, so I managed to get an advance of €250 from my company to pay it off. I still have no service in my flat though, so... Well, I have the other internet connection I signed up for, but that was meant to be temporary! Haha! So far they haven't overcharged me, so I'm grateful. :)

My other thoughts refer really to just one question: why can't you tell people what you really think?

One of my friends always seems to put me last. She always says she's got no money to visit me, but then always manages to find some money to see other people in other countries. Why would it be rude and insensitive of me to say that it hurts that we're supposedly good friends, but I'm always last on her list of priorities?

The other person is a really good friend of mine who is male and has very recently got married. I miss how close we used to be and since he's been with his now wife, we've spoken less and less and of course that is only to be expected, but I miss my friend. And now if I get to see him, I'll never get to spend time with just him. His wife is lovely and I'm happy he's found someone so suited to him, but he was one of my best friends and I miss him. But for me, as a single woman to a married a man, it would be inappropriate for me to say so, right? It makes me sad because if he had been a close female friend, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I also miss Uni, where you could be friends with the opposite sex and nothing would be made of it. As you approach 30, it seems less and less likely that you can form close friendships with men. Sure, for most of my early 20s, all I wanted was to find a husband, but I've long since accepted my singleness, but I find this lack of male company at all ridiculous. I've always related better to men than to women. For some reason, I just find them difficult to get on with. Of course I currently have female friends, but I miss male senses of humour and the topics you tend to only discuss with them. It's just been strange the last few years out of church because it means it's so difficult to befriend men. But even in the church now, if I showed an interest in spending more time with a guy, it would almost certainly be taken the wrong way. Mind you, maybe I was naive before? Maybe it was always the case, but I just wasn't aware of it? Who knows?

Anyway, I had no one else to share these thoughts with, so I thought, why not here? :D

1 comment:

rennschnecke (Starranger) said...

why not ! .. right
greetings from North Bavaria
;-)