October 28, 2010

I feel a bit overwhelmed. I have had so much great teaching since the women's retreat in the middle of October, that I feel like my brain really doesn't know how to cope. I'm not entirely sure where I should begin and what I have to change first. There seems to be too much. The problem then is the temptation to do it all at once and I'm almost certain it will lead to failure and then discouragement.

So how do you prioritise the things in your life that you have to fix? Any ideas? Is it only by praying? Do you go with the one that you are struggling with now?

The thing is - if we look at idols - the issue is not the idol itself, but why it is an idol in the first place. What are the underlying issues? And we have to think about it with EVERY one of them. And then, we have to get rid of it and replace it with the gospel. It sounds so straighforward, but really it's so difficult.

But I suppose this comes down to my last post too, doesn't it? Turn your eyes away from yourself and fix them on Jesus. When you turn to an idol, you think it can satisfy you more than God, but it can't. It never will be able to. Hmmm... I guess the thing is to stop being anxious and start praying...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

If it is all about Him, He will give all the necessary grace to shape and mould and change you (to be like Him :) ) and show you how to do your bit. If you stumble, His grace is sufficient, if you fail, He is there to lift you up, if you succeed, He is the One enabling you...don't worry, trust Him as the Potter to accomplish this in you, and keep looking to Him, desiring Him...our bit is to obey bit by bit what He shows us, His grace is sufficient for you, He won't let you down :)