August 13, 2011

Two posts in one day!! Well, I wanted this to be an encouragement - since it encouraged me. Please go on and read the 'Joy in Suffering' post first and come back to this version of Charlotte Elliot's hymn "Just as I am".

Just as I am without one plea
But that thy blood was shed for me
And that thou bidst me come to thee
Oh Lamb of God I come! I come!

Just as I am and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot
To thee whose blood can cleanse each spot
Oh Lamb of God I come! I come!

I come broken to be mended
I come wounded to be healed
I come desperate to be rescued
I come empty to be filled
I come guilty to be pardoned
By the blood of Christ the Lamb
And I'm welcomed with open arms
Praise God! Just as I am

Just as I am I would be lost
But mercy and grace my freedom bought
And now to glory in your cross
Oh Lamb of God I come! I come!

How great to have a God who loves us just as we are and where we're at and will lovingly cleanse us from all sin and deliver us from our trials if we come to Him in prayer and surrender our lives to Him. :)

No comments: