February 13, 2006

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Ok, seriously, if you don't find really gross stuff amusing, please DO NOT READ on. However, if like me you laugh even though you're completely grossed out, then read on:

I was looking on the internet for more information on ovarian cysts. First thing I found out was that it's spelled 'cyst' and not 'cist' - sorry medics! And here's info on the type I have:

'Dermoid cysts: The cells in the ovary are able to make hair, teeth, and other growing tissues that become part of a forming ovarian cyst. These cysts can become large and cause pain.'

And from what I can feel, it's got a very distinguishable pulse. Euuuuuuuugh! So let's have it: Boyd Orr or Adam Smith?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you think you'll be able to keep it when it's taken out?!

lil stef said...

No. I doubt they would even show it to me. But they did show it to my friend Judith when she had the op a few years ago, but she was a medic. Blast you medics! I might just ask anyway, though I doubt I'd see any hair or teeth since it's all enclosed in a bag. :-( Anyways, adam smith or boyd orr man? Answer the question! Honestly, medics think they can get away with anything! [giggles]

Dish said...

boyd orr! Never had to go into the adam smith for anything tho and my entire uni life revolves around the vicinity of the boyd orr so I am a little biased!

lil stef said...

We had CU a couple of times in the Adam Smith, but that was aaaaaages ago when I was in second year.

So 1 vote for Boyd Orr and 0 for Adam Smith.

Anonymous said...

i was just chatting to a fellow christian medic the other evening..
we reckon that CU people (or honorary CU ppl :) collectively have the most interesting medical conditions in probably the entire cross section of the population.

(take michelle and her sporadic left-sided unilateral vocal hyper-resonance with normal percussion note for instance..)

i think boyd orr..
he sounds like a bit of a hairy man.

lil stef said...

Boyd Orr 3 Adam Smith 1

Sorry Adam, looks like your namesake is losing...