June 01, 2006

Irony

Well, as you know, chemo is pretty much over, but unfortunately, I keep getting more unwell. :-( Well, it's just throwing up, but it hasn't stopped. It started off because of something bad for lunch, and then I was sick again, then I was fine the whole of Tuesday except for a sore stomach, then sick again yesterday morning, then the worst heartburn yet, so bad that I was sick again last night. Lovely!

My GP had prescribed me the lovely tablet they prescribed me in hospital, but even after taking 2, it didn't go away. In fact, it got so bad I had to take more Gaviscon, and that didn''t even help. So, I was sick again. I had to call the GP out to the house and unfortunately, there wasn't much she could do except tell me to keep taking the tablets she'd already prescribed AND a stronger version of the dreaded Gaviscon! Plus, the acid was all stuck in my gullet, which was going into spasms, so I had to sleep sitting up the whole night. Nice!

Well, if that isn't ironic, I really don't know what is - the minute I find out I'm on the road to recovery, my body decides it hasn't quite had enough of being ill...

No comments: