July 01, 2006

Some verses

I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. - Jer 10:23

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. - Prov 16:9

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. - Isa 7:9b

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. - Psa 48:14

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken. My salvation and my honour depend on my God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. - Psa 62:5-8

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. - Psa 73:26

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jer 29:11

I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? - Jer 32:27

For nothing is impossible with God. - Luke 1:37

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. - Luke 1:45

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Roms 8:28

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. - 2 Cor 1:3,4

No comments: