April 15, 2012

The last few days have been really bizarre. I can't believe it is already Sunday and tomorrow I'll have to go back to work. I can't believe it was only last weekend that it was Easter...

Currently, a person I know from church is lying in a hospital and slowly dying. It has been a great shock because she is the same age as me and her loss is being felt all throughout the church. Though we were only loosely friends, she did come across as a woman who loved God and had a heart to serve. She was by no means perfect. I am not going to dishonour her memory by making her more than she was, but hearing what her close friends have said about her has been a great humbling experience and a challenge to pursue God further.

Also, it has taught most of us to appreciate the people in our lives and not take them for granted. It has shown us the reality that life really is short and you have no idea how much longer you have on this earth. I think it is a challenge as well to pursue God more wholeheartedly and to seek his will for our lives because we are here for his purpose. It really is an encouraging thing to know that at 29 she had already fulfilled all that God had for her to do.

She touched so many lives because she loved God and sought to be like him. I hope now that I could pursue God so that I could, like her, speak with wisdom, seek to serve and encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ and also be a light as she was. She will be missed by many and greatly missed by those who were close to her. We are all mourning the loss of our sister in Christ, but rejoicing in the fact that we are all assured she is now in the presence of our God.

May we all seek to be salt and light in the world more fervently, so that we can fulfil his purpose for us on this earth and bring his name honour, praise and glory.

No comments: