October 10, 2008

Munich

I'm really happy here. I mean, it's not like I wake up every morning with a smile on my face and thank God that I lived long enough to live in Munich or anything. And also, it's not like I was seriously unhappy before, though to be honest, I was quite unhappy just before I left for Bratislava, so I'm glad I did go.
I wish I could meet some Germans who aren't my students though, but that's proving difficult. I have met a couple through my friend Emma, but yeah, I just need to give myself time. I think it's just cos I have so many things going well already that I expect all the other things to follow in the same speed - all other things being German friends and friends outside of work. But my job is good and my flat is good and my students are lovely and the money will be good in a couple of months when I get a full month's pay!
I can't believe how good it is here, but then, it's only the beginning. Maybe in a couple of years when my contract is finished, I'll hate it, but I can't see why I would right now cos it's lovely. But yeah, early days and all.
Hmmm... That's really all. I'm happy and content here. Think it's going to be a good 2 years for me personally but also for my career.

No comments: