October 25, 2008

So I finally got a bike today. I still find it difficult to start and stop. Especially when I have to wait at traffic lights and then ride again. Hopefully I'll get used to it, otherwise I might end up in an accident! Feels good to be on a bike though. Also, there's a section on the website I use to find out public transport times that gives you routes to use on the bike. You can choose anything from the shortest route to green routes, where it directs you via parks and avenues so it's pretty. I chose one that took me from my flat to a bike shop that I know and it was really pretty. It said it'd take me 26 minutes, but in reality it was more like 45! But I guess that was all the stopping at traffic lights and checking my directions. It didn't take as long going back. But I needed a bike lock, so I thought it'd be best if I cycled to bike shop instead of leaving my bike somewhere and then coming back with my lock only to have it stolen! :D

Think the weather's going to be nice tomorrow too so I might go for another bike ride. There's a park not too far from my flat - like 2 mins on a bike - so I might just cycle round that. I had to go through it today on the way to the bike shop. It should be a lot less tiring than today! :) Plus, it's nice to have a little exercise and be able to explore the area round my flat at the same time. It's a shame that the weather's going to get worse soon though, but hopefully there'll be the occasional sunny day that isn't too cold. :)

No comments: