December 29, 2008

Out of sight is out of mind

This holiday has really shown me how true this statement is. When  I lived in Glasgow, especially when I was at uni, I had soooooo many friends. I've been back in Glasgow for 2 and a half weeks and the only person who's made an effort to see me is Katherine. Fair enough, most of my friends have left Glasgow now and some of them weren't around because of the time of year, but if I'm honest, other than Pete, Rosie, Kirsty and Katherine, who have I got now in Glasgow? Who have I got anywhere, really? What happened to all my friends?

I know I left the country, but with Facebook, Skype, email, etc. I'm sure I could be contacted, but even people from church that I invested a lot of my heart into haven't even asked how I am or how I'm getting on or anything. It's kinda sad because I thought at the time that I was investing in life long friendships. I see now just how rare they are and how right Kirsty was. I've been so naive!

I just hope that I don't lose any more friends because I'm running low as it is! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya Stef, didn't know you were in
Glasgow...hope you have a nice break while you are here. Happy Christmas, and all the best for 2009.x