December 01, 2008

I haven't written for ages because I've been really busy. There've been loads of extra classes, but the good news is that I might be getting a bonus for the extra hours I've done. Won't get it till my January pay though. :( But still...

Work's been going very well. Just had my observation feedback today and it was positive. Got a few things to work on, but my boss said I showed a lot of potential and she was impressed at my self-awareness. She said in a couple of ways, I was very good for someone who was a new teacher. I really liked my boss's feedback because it wasn't patronising and she was very straightforward, down to earth and helpful.

In other news, I love my students. German students are LOVELY and not at all like the hard-faced business people I was expecting. They have such a great sense of humour and most of them are so motivated to learn English. And I'm starting to really love Munich. It's just a shame that I've been so tired recently that I haven't been able to do more and meet more people. I have, however, got a language exchange partner and she's helping me to practise German.

I'm really glad I came here and so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing meeting Paul though it makes me sad that it never came to anything. Though if I'm really honest, I would never have thought about Munich if it hadn't been for him and also, I've got a lot more out of it than I expected. It still makes me sad thought. But time's a healer and even if it doesn't heal the pain, it gradually fades and eventually all you have is a memory and it can even make you smile.

One day.

No comments: