May 12, 2006

Blueberry Pancakes

Woohoo! I've finally gotten to the stage where my stomach's back to normal! Yey! My nausea lasted a few days longer this time, but that's ok. It's the best out of all side effects. :-) I'm off noodles because the other night they tasted so bad, it made me want to throw up. Blegh! Never EVER eat prawn flavoured instant noodles. Eugh! Anyway... I made some blueberry pancakes for breakfast yesterday. They were lovely. The mix Pete bought me really turned out some beautiful pancakes, which surprisingly tasted great with coffee flavoured ice cream. Go figure! Ok, I didn't have ice cream first thing in the morning. By the time the pancakes were ready, it was nearly noon...

Also, I finally got out the house today. Woohoo! Well, I thought it was going to be another slow day, with just a blood test and the bank to look forward to but I ended getting to have lunch with my mum and spend the afternoon with Marji. :-) It was really good with Marji actually because we basically just reminisced about the last five years and laughed at how silly, young and immature we were. We're probably still quite immature, I suppose, but it was nice looking back and seeing how much we had grown up. I think the nicest thing about it was looking back at the hardest times, especially over the last couple of years, and see that out of them came a lot of growth. And though those times were really difficult and really painful, I can look back now and be really thankful because they woke me up to the real world and made me grow up. It made me really positive about this whole cancer thing. Most of my online devotions over the last couple of weeks have been about how God brings difficulty to shape us into the 'most precious jewels'. Well, it was nice to be reminded of that truth by looking back over the last few years and just see the truth of that. I'm really thankful. Wonder what I'll be saying about the cancer in a year's time? Maybe I'll be too excited because I'll FINALLY be able to go to Japan?! Yey! I'll be so happy to finally get there. Haha!

It's so nice to be at this stage of the chemo cycle when I start to feel well and like me again. Phew! :-D

No comments: