May 22, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

= blatant blasphemy

Yup! I don't like it. It made me really angry watching these characters on the screen telling me that Jesus was just another man who was married to Mary Magdelene and there was someone in France right now who was the heir to Jesus' throne. Oh yeah, which throne is that precisely? The one where Jesus alone can sit on? The one he'll rule from for a thousand years after the great tribulation? Yeah, please tell me how a human being can be as just, fair and wise as God?

And then right at the end, Tom Hanks' character was all like, 'oh it doesn't matter if Jesus was divine or not because I fell down a well and prayed to Jesus and here I am still alive. So, who knows, maybe he was down there with me?' (my paraphrase). What?! Of course it matters if Jesus was divine or not! And did he think it was just a coincidence that he was still alive after praying that Jesus would save him? Honestly! Who are we serving if not the living God? Where is our hope is Jesus wasn't ressurected from the dead? What's the point of praying in Jesus' name if he were just a man? Eh?

What's worse is that there are people out there who actually believe all this nonsense. How could they? My friend Chelsea from church told me there was this program on a couple of days ago that actually exposed the Da Vinci code as a pack of lies, and it wasn't even a Christian or a Catholic who did the program. It was just a guy who was investgating it to see if it were true or not, so you can't say that the Church made this program to cover up once again the 'truth' of the code.

I'm sorry for being so angry, but I can't help it. They're dishonouring my God and I won't stand for it.

No comments: