March 06, 2006

News

As you may or may not have heard, I've been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. It was a germ cell tumour on my left ovary and at very early stages. Thank you for all those who were praying for me. You have no idea how much my family and I appreciate it. As you might have gathered, I'm home now but I'm in a lot of pain. What's keeping me going is the fact that it won't be as sore tomorrow.

Praise God for a doctor who cared! He treated me as if I was his own daughter. You male doctors: if you're thinking of being surgeons, remember to treat your patients like family. You've no idea how much it means to be treated like an important human being. Female ones: I'm assuming you find it easier to be nice, but try and make the effort all the same. You medics will make a world of difference to people one day. That's why I love people like Neal and Pete who are going to be doctors. I know your patients will be looked after as well as I have been. Praise God for doctors and nurses! And painkillers! :-)

I'm going to lie down now. Thanks again for praying! I find out the full report on my tumour - which by the way was the size of a rugby ball growing on my poor teeny ovary - on wednesday.

See ya pals!

2 comments:

Dish said...

*massive hug*

still praying

lil stef said...

Thank you. Unfortunately, the full pathology report hasn't been submitted yet so I won't find out till next wed. I'm not surprised really cos my tumour was HUGE! Poor pathologist!

While you're praying, please remember a lady called Patricia who was in my ward and she has cervical cancer. It's a horrible operation that's far more painful than mine and her family live too far away to visit frequently so please remember her because it's not nice having horrible operations and having no family to visit you.

Thanks!