December 02, 2005

Shiawase

[she-ah-wa-sae] It means both happiness and blessing. :-)


Hello! :-) Yes, I am smiling today at work because not only is it Friday (Woohoo!!) and Penman's gig tonight, but I actually got quite a bit of work today. AMAZING! The only bad thing is that I forgot my purse, so I couldn't have any lunch. I did, however, have a jaffa cake bar and a cup of tea, so I guess that's not all bad.

I also made a wee call to the NOVA office (the company I'm going to work for in Japan) and found out that I didn't have to apply till April since I only want to go in August, which is brilliant because I'd have completed my beginner's Japanese course and be a fully qualified English as Foreign Language teacher. Heehee! I think that might mean I won't have to put that large cheque in with my letter to sway their favour in my direction... (giggles)

Also, when I was looking up happiness:

kofuku [ko-fu-ku] - happiness; contentment
sachi [sa-chee] - happiness; fortune
kahou [ka-ho-oo] - artillery; happiness; extra allowance; overpraise
kou [ko-oo] - not happiness, but female phoenix bird; body cavity; weather

No comments: