December 19, 2005

A Turn Up For The Books


First of all: Only 5 and a half days left!! Woohoo! (Till my job ends forever, that is, though Christmas is also 5 and a half days away... Lovely!)

Second of all: After having another boring and long week at work, I was landed with a HUGE amount of work on Friday at 4pm that had to be finished for Monday, which of course meant that I had to stay till it was done. So, at 6.30pm, I was finally able to go home. I was grateful for the work, but why did it take till 4pm to give it to me to do? Ah well...

Third of all: I miss Uni. I miss bumping into people you haven't seen for ages in the library, reading room, on Uni Ave, in the Beanscene. I miss regular and frequent hugs. I miss randomness. I miss staying up till 3 speaking to Miriam in our flat hallway about nothing in particular. I miss having mounds of free time.

Fourth of all: I'm greatful that I had a gap between leaving uni and going to Japan, because it probably would've been extra difficult.

Last of all, Japanese for today: I decided to look up 'love', since I miss the folk I love, but once again, there were quite a few words. I think there are lovely meanings as well as simply amusing ones:

koigokoro [ko-ee-go-ko-ro] - love; awakening of love
ai [a-ee] - love; together; mutually; fellow; joint; accomplice; indigo
aijou [a-ee-jo-oo] - sadness; love; affection; beloved daughter
ji [G] - love; be affectionate to; pity; hand-writing; child; emperor's seal; order; sequence
suki [su-ki] - liking; fondness; love; chance or opportunity; refined taste; spade
koi [ko-ee] - carp; request; love; tender passion; ancient ways; intention; purpose; bad faith; thick; strong

I love you = Kimi o ai shiteru [kee-mee-o-I-shi-tay-roo]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I miss uni, too. I wish I had a handbook on how to be an adult, because I never had to make my own dentist appointments before or go shopping for a vacuum cleaner.

lil stef said...

Wow! I've not gotten to the buying a vacuum cleaner yet... I'm terrified at the thought of it. I just keep thinking I'm not old enough to be an adult.

Yes, yes. I'm more afraid of buying a vacuum cleaner than going to Japan... What about having to buy a vacuum cleaner in Japan? I don't even know what the word for it is...?!