April 19, 2006

Boys are evil

[Just a wee side note to say this is my 50th post!!!]

Em... I know a little while ago I had a silly little mantra: Boys are biscuits and biscuits are evil. I'm sure a few folk found it quite amusing and were just like, "Aw, Steph! Ain't she a silly wee thing!" But what I've found most amusing is the many people who've said things like, "That's right, Steph. You just keep remembering - boys ARE evil." [much giggling] Seriously! What's with that?!

First of all, I know LOADS of boys. Ok, not in THAT way, c'mon! They're my friends and the only person who's close to being evil is Simpson, but that's evil genius not just plain evil.

Second of all, a couple of my friends have just recently started going out with a couple of my other friends, so my question is how come they haven't stayed away from the evil boys?

Third of all, why do I, Stephanie Peer, have to bear in mind that boys are evil? Granted, I have had a couple of brush ins with a couple of nasty blokes at uni, but they weren't evil. Stupid and insensitive, but nowhere near evil.

My conclusion is that my good friends are worried because I'm a recovering boy-a-holic. Yes, I admit it. Some people have a problem with alcohol, others with drugs, others with stealing. But me, I had a problem with boys. I am confident it's all behind me now. Just ask Marji and Mim. They know better than anyone. Though I can understand the concern that all of you have in encouraging me to remember that, though boys aren't inherently evil, boys can lead to my downfall.

So, I just want to thank you all for your great support of me and my struggle to give up boys. It really has been so painful, especially during this time when it's so easy to go back to your old habits for comfort. But boys and girls, I've been strong and I've kept my dignity and my head held high and I've just said, "No!" And to all you girls out there, I know your struggle - JUST SAY NO! It's as easy as that!

But I bet you can't say no to this one:

1 comment:

Dish said...

Awwwwww...
your little mantra reminds me of our most commonly used quote of the year in our flat
"Boys are stupid!"