April 08, 2006

No hair for my hairbrush!

Wow! So I've done it! Heehee!

Before the clippers did their nasty work, Andrea chopped some off my hair off and it was this cool funky hairdo, which I am soooo going to have when my hair grows back. Maybe put a little funky dye in it too. All I can say was that it looked like a Japanese punk hairdo. It was soooo cool! And I looked cool, so that's good of course.

Also, much to Andrea's pleasure, I do NOT have a weird shaped head, so that's good. :-) And my brother thinks I look like a little boy! Heeheehee! And what do I think? I think I just look like Steph with a shaved head. Oh! I got a number 4, so it's not like you can see my scalp or anything. :-) I still look like me. I've been rubbing my head all evening because it's sooo soft!

Last night this lady thought I was famous and when she found out I wasn't said that I looked like someone famous, but she couldn't remember who. Then as she walked away she said I was really pretty. :-) How nice? And Paul Maxfield said I could get as many Paul hugs as I wanted. Amazing!! What a nice day I had yesterday!

Em, so chemo starts on Monday at the Beatson. I don't know which ward I'll be in but the visiting times are 3-4.30 and 6-8.30. I would love to see anyone who comes because being in hospital is boooooooring! Plus, I get to show off my shaved head! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the IV needle. Blegh! I think they might be my pet peeve or irrational fear... Well, it's not that I'm afriad of them, just that I plain hate, detest and loathe them. [giggles] Just thought I'd exaggerate a little bit... Anyway the point is IV needles = YUCK!! Two off them caused infection and swelling the last time. Eugh!

Ah well... Praise God for my nicely shaped head. :-)

No comments: